What are you looking for?
Tuesday 21 March 2017

Banana, Nutmeg and Coffee Shake




Now that the weather is kind of (well supposed to be) getting warmer here in England, I find myself craving frappes, as opposed to my regular coffee. It must be more so psychological thing really because we've only had one 'warmish' day of the spring so far, but it's been fairly sunny. Anyway, I digress... So, it was only last year when I discovered Pret's frappe range and feeling inspired, I decided to make my own. Lo and behold, it tasted nearly exactly the same, so to save money I just started making my own from then on. The basis of my homemade frappes is pretty simple really to be honest- just a case of soya milk, sweetener, coffee granules, vanilla extract. However, I had a banana lying around and wanted to use it up so came up with this recipe. This frappe/ shake 'hybrid' is so simple and not too different to the above recipe, but with a few add ons.

Serves: 2
500ml soya milk
2 teaspoons maple syrup
2 teaspoons of instant coffee granules
1 medium banana
1 teaspoons of nutmeg

Blend for approximately a minute until smooth!


Add your comment