What are you looking for?
Tuesday 1 October 2019

Tahini Roasted Cauliflower

So, I'm back again with another vegetable side dish (I promise this wasn't intentional...). This time, I've made tahini roasted cauliflower, which I served alongside a roasted sweet potato and black beans, but could really work as a side for so many options. I've had the intentions of making a cauliflower curry for quite a while now, but never got round to it. But I thought I'd best have put the cauliflower to good use still before it was too late...and this was the end result!

You will need:

1 large head of cauliflower
2 tablespoons tahini
2 tbsps.cooking oil
1 tsp. cumin
2 tbsps. smoked paprika
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. ground coriander
Salt and pepper to taste

Method:

1. Preheat your oven to gas mark 6.
2. Chop your cauliflower into florets
3. Place your florets in a colander and wash. In the mean time, boil water in a large saucepan.
4. Once your water is boiling, blanche your cauliflower for about 5 minutes.
5. Drain your cauliflower then place into a large mixing bowl.
7. Coat your cauliflower with your tahini, oil and seasonings.
8. Once coated, place on to a large baking tray on baking parchment paper, then place on middle shelf of your oven.
9. After about 25 minutes remove your florets form the oven.

Personally I would have preferred if they were slightly crispier, but maybe a warmer oven or more cooking oil cook have helped? Although considering this was made up on the spot, they came out tasty and I would definitely experiment with this recipe again.








Add your comment