What are you looking for?
Monday 13 March 2017

Nakd Lemon Drizzle Limited Edition





   A couple of days ago, we managed to spot this Nakd Lemon Drizzle Limited Edition bar in Asda so of course had to pick up a couple. In terms of the 'original' flavours, I think I've pretty much tried every one, with Ginger Bread and Cocoa Crunch being my favourites. More recently I tried the Peanut Delight flavour (which I loved and it kind of reminded me of the Meridian nut bars). I've also spotted a the Carrot Cake bar, but only in a four pack in a selective few stores and I understand there's an Apricot Crunch flavour, but I'm yet to see that anywhere as of yet, but here's to hoping.

   Anyway, I digress. So the bar itself, like all other Nakd products, is made up of really basic ingredients, being dates, raisins, almonds, cashews, coconut, lemon and a hint of natural flavouring. This simplicity is something I have always loved about the brand. In terms of appearance (sorry no photo...), the bar looked the same from what I recall, maybe a little lighter?

   Now, I'm not a huge fan of lemon myself. It's not that I hate it but more so, take it or leave it. Despite there only being 1% lemon, I found the taste to be quite strong. However, I think the coconut saved it and if anything, I think I would want more of it. In regards to the bar resembling a lemon drizzle cake, I think the flavours were there. This isn't however, my favourite. I mean, I like it and would buy it again for another taste. I think I prefer more of the 'chocolatey' flavours but if you really really like lemon, then it's definitely for you. 

Add your comment