What are you looking for?
Wednesday 20 November 2019

Carrot Cake Muffins with a Lemon Buttercream

So, anyone who knows me will tell you that baking cakes isn’t exactly my forte. Cookies, great, cake... not so much. 

I was hoping that my last post would be a wonderfully chocolately sponge for my friends birthday. However, I’d be far too ashamed to share an image of the disaster that occurred. 70 minutes in the oven later (yes 70 minutes) a rock solid flat mess lay in front of me. I disguised it with so much chocolate icing that I almost got away with it mind. 

Anyway, what I’m trying to say it that I’m working on my cake making. Vegan cakes are especially hard, having to substitute both egg and dairy. So I thought I’d start this journey off easy with carrot cake muffins. I used the recipe from lovingitvegan.com.

The recipe looked (and was) very simple to follow, with metric measurements so no need to convert. The result was absolutely delicious. The only substitute I made was using lemon zest instead of orange.

To see the recipe & method follow the link below:


Maybe I’ll perfect this recipe before I try running before I can walk...








Add your comment