What are you looking for?
Sunday 14 July 2019

Veggie World

After neglecting this blog for two years now (!), I thought there couldn't possibly be a better way to kick start my writing again with a feature on Milton Keynes' finest (and only) 100% vegan Chinese takeaway that is Veggie World.

Growing up I would often pass this little place without giving it any thought. It was not until I saw it pop up on Happycow that I realised they were now a fully vegan Chinese takeaway that had recently reopened again after being closed for a while.

I don't even think I could wait for a full week to try it out after seeing what was on offer on the menu. All of your Chinese favourites, but of course veganised using mixed veg, tofu and meat/fish substitutes. I've always found that often having limited choices on food menus means I've practically chosen what I'm eating before I even reach the restaurant, but with Veggie World you really are spoilt for choice.

The first time I visited I went for the sesame prawn toast that was just as I remembered. The star of the show though really was the sweet and sour chicken balls. I haven't eaten meat for nearly a decade now but from what I can recall, these honestly tasted no different from the original. The sauce to accompany was just right, not to mention the generous portion size. I've of course been a couple of times since, having tried the salt and pepper chicken and tofu. Again, this was without disappointment.

I highly recommend this place to veggies and non veggies alike. Friendly and speedy customer service, with fresh and tasty food. I do feel though when getting a Chinese you're better off going with a large group of people so you can pick and choose at few options.

Sweet and Sour Chicken and Prawn Balls



Add your comment