What are you looking for?
Thursday 27 April 2017

I Baked (and it wasn't healthy)


Funnily enough, my last post was about how I hardly ever bake these days, and if I do, it's usually got some sot of healthy twist on it. However, I decided to bake (nearly) vegan brownies. I'm not 100% vegan YET, but am partial to a bit of dairy chocolate here and there .Anyway, so I followed this vegan brownie recipe from Jamie Oliver's site and decided to add about 1 1/2 milky bars broken into chunks. I mean, I'm sure you can get dairy free white chocolate of course, or not use it at all but it definitely worked really well. Here's the recipe:

  • 5 tablespoons sunflower oil , plus extra for greasing
  • 200 g dairy-free dark chocolate
  • 170 g self-raising flour
  • 3 heaped teaspoons cocoa powder
  • 180 g golden caster sugar
  • sea salt
  • 1 vanilla pod
  • 230 ml unsweetened organic soya milk
  • 200 g pecan nuts (left these out)
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chocolate-recipes/vegan-chocolate-brownies/

In terms of the recipe, they were the perfect sweetness and I love brownies that use melted chocolate, so this was a winner for me. I left them in the oven for about 5 minutes too long (see link for method) so they were slightly on the dry side but if I actually followed instructions they would be a 10/10.
    According to the photos I only made 7 brownies but that' not actually the case. I just (for whatever reason) only chose to photograph them as I removed them from the cooling tray. 

    Add your comment