What are you looking for?
Monday 23 November 2020

Korean Inspired Glazed Fries

Another TikTok recipe here! I've recently been watching Poppy O'Toole, or PoppyCooks as she is known on TikTok, a Michelin-trained chef who began posting recipe videos during the pandemic. She is currently on day 18 of 25 days of potato recipes and I won't be ashamed to admit that I'll be gutted when the series is over. I've been massively inspired so far and decided to give day 5's recipe of Korean Glazed Fries a go.

I headed over to her Instagram to see the full quantities and method that you can find below:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHYP_NhMeHf/

Ingredients:

3-6 red skin potatoes
2 Ltrs of ground nut oil or sunflower oil
2 tbsp. gojuchang
2 tbsp. agave syrup
2 tbsp. soy sauce
4 tbsp. brown sugar
2 garlic cloves crushed
Knob of ginger finely chopped
2 spring onions
1 tbsp. chopped peanuts
1 tbsp.  crispy shallots
Sprinkle of sesame seeds

I should also add that this recipe introduced my to gojuchang which I now love. I hadn't heard of it before so worried I would struggle to find it but it was an easy find in my local Sainsbury's. I've been using it in stir-fry's and sauces and it's incredible.

I served as a side dish alongside 'KFS' AKA Kentucky Fried Seitan. I still can't say I have perfected the recipe, but it has definitely improved massively since my first attempt a year ago!

 








Add your comment