What are you looking for?
Thursday 19 November 2020

Vada Pav Quesadillas


After my first visit to Dishoom a few months ago I haven’t been able to get their Vada Pav out of my head. The spicy, crunchy, flavoursome potato based dish originates from India and is often served as street food. I tried recreating it at home once but it just didn’t quite compare. However, now that restaurants are closed again, (thanks covid) I’ve just had to keep attempting to recreate my favourite foods until I can take a trip into London again.

Anyway, this brings me to how I came about creating this amazing dish, inspired by my favourite meal at Dishoom. I was scrolling through Tiktok and a recipe came up on my For You Page for Vada Pav Quesadillas and I immediately thought it must be a sign! Mexican and Indian food?! I had to try this one.


I won’t lie, this wasn’t the quickest recipe to make, partly because I made my own flatbreads, which definitely could have been shop bought. I also had to make a couple of substitutions. The recipe calls for Kashmiri red chillies. I couldn’t get my hand on any of them unfortunately so green finger chilies it was... I also emitted the peanuts for almonds but I can’t imagine this would have made too much of a difference.


The mint chutney worked so well to serve alongside the quesadillas and definitely added the much needed cooling element for this spicy dish. I’ve found the full recipe on YouTube so have a look at how to make it here!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8MVpKgmV_k&t=143s


I’m yet to find a takeaway nearer me that serves Vada Pav meaning saving me a journey into London. Maybe I need to have a bit of a hunt around because it's slowly become a new favourite. 













Add your comment