What are you looking for?
Monday 19 August 2019

Jerk Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Being raised with both Caribbean and British cuisine, you could say that my taste buds often conflict. I can never work out whether I'm in the mood for a roast dinner or a Jamaican feast when Sunday evening comes around, so I suppose you could say this recipe intertwines the two. Here's another one of my creations, which I would call Jerk Roasted Sweet Potatoes. I served this as a side dish, along with some ‘cheesy’ fried black beans.

(Serves 1)

Ingredients:
1 medium white sweet potato (this recipe definitely worked best with the white variety of sweet potato - much more like yam in texture but sweeter in taste)
1 tsp jerk seasoning paste 
1 tsp maple syrup
1 thumb sized piece of creamed coconut
1 tbsp cooking oil 

Method:
1. Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees/gas mark 6.
2. Par boil your potato/es in boiling water for around 10 minutes
3. In a blender mix your potato coating until smooth
4. Once potatoes are par boiled drained a add to a baking tray
5. Coat your potatoes evenly in the mix
6. Place in the middle of your hot oven for 50 minutes, turning half way.



Add your comment